Saturday 17 March 2007

The "Creativity" of Future Scientists

Not in the field of applied science though. I overheard part of this ingenuous discussion during last week's EXTREMELY boring project day between Scott (group mate), Gary (supervisor), and Steve (lab assistant). (Couldn't get anything done when everyone was fighting over that few miserable PCR machines available, 5 to be exact...)


Anyway, I only heard bits and fragments of their jokes, so didn't really pay attention to it.


Until today, that is...when I saw this paper stuck on the white board in the PhD. lab.



What it says:


Baby, I’m so into genes


There’s more to genome than it first seems


Baby, when you’re over-expressed


I love your protein, from restriction digest



Every time you show your band


My heart is jumping, cos you’re so grand


When you’re amplified, you don’t half appeal


Cos then you’re ready for your LIC anneal



You drive me CAZy


I just can’t sleep


I’m so excited, I’m in too deep


Ohh…CAZy, but it feels alright


Baby, thinking of you keeps me up all night



Tell me, you’re so into me


That I’m the only one you will see


Tell me, I’m not in the blue


That I’m not wasting, my feelings on you



You drive me CAZy


I just can’t sleep


I’m so excited, I’m in too deep


Ohh…CAZy, but it feels alright


Baby, thinking of you keeps me up all night



CAZy, I just can’t sleep


I’m so excited, I’m in too deep


CAZy, but it feels alright


Every Day and Every Night



You drive me CAZy


I just can’t sleep


I’m so excited, I’m in too deep


Ohh…CAZy, but it feels alright


Baby, thinking of you keeps me up all night



You drive me Crazy (You drive me crazy baby)


Ohh…CAZy, But It Feels Alright


Baby thinking of you keeps me up all night


Baby thinking of you keeps me up all night



Looks or sounds familiar? Think again...


Anyway,here's what the PhD. students have to say about us:




OK...


Before anyone of you think we're really out of our minds, our project so far is about molecular biology and that's just pretty much what we did, and we're still doing it. It starts to bore people out after sometime, and I think what Scott did was just another way to "spice up" another stale day in the lab. Hehe...


P/S: CAZy stands for Carbohydrate-Active enZYmes, LIC stands for Ligase Independent Cloning

No comments: