Monday 5 March 2007

Last Day of CNY 2007

Marks the end of all the celebrations and partying. Time to get serious!!!


Anyway, before I get on to that, had a nice dinner at home and tried out some new dishes. Turned out REALLY out of my expectations!!! (in a good way of course...) Everyone else cooked up a storm as well.




Everyone's busy...




These are the chefs for the night! But there's another one not in the picture, taking the picture... It was really CRAZY~! When all 4 of us are cooking separately, and each of us are making more than 1 dish at a time, the normally large kitchen seemed really small. And imagine the heat, when all 4 hobs and the oven are fully working at the same time, not even opening all the windows and the main door helps that much...




Finally!!! After 2 hours of cooking, 4 tired and very hungry girls are ready to enjoy their dinner.



Let's see what we have...



Jesmine made fried vegetarian balls, with potatoes, carrots, celery and chinese mushrooms.




This is the chicken that is going to be used in the fried rice that Muse made. (Sorry, forgot to get the single shot of the fried rice. It was REALLY yummy btw. Muse's fried rice always ROCKS!!!)




Samantha prepared some cured meat as one of the side dishes. Complements either white rice or fried rice very well!




Hot and spicy soup that Samantha made, with chilli padi, eggs, chinese mushroom, tofu, and some vegetables. (Shiok betul!!! Spicy enough ler...)




I made char siew (sweet roasted pork) for the first time and it turned out beautifully!




Tom yam soup with prawns. I know, I know...can't see the prawns. Well, trust me, it IS there...


Taste? Not too bad, not too bad at all...(floating and bobbing on the ceiling following self-praise)


Final presentation of the main courses...


See, the prawns are there!!!


Now, what's up next?


Dessert????!!!???!



Samantha bought & made some rice dumplings. Together with some pandan essence, it tastes exactly like the ones I have at home!~!~ (Now I know what's missing all along!)



I made some kuih lapis too! (To satisfy my cravings, that is...) There's more than that in reality. But for picture purposes, I just arranged 3 of each of the 2 different flavours I made, original and chocolate flavour.


My god, we're all damn stuffed even before dessert itself. So wasn't really in the mood to take pictures anymore. Hehe...

Overall, it was a good night for everyone...

And now, it's time for WAR~!!~

No comments: