Sunday 27 May 2007

Apam

Chinese Apam: Ban Jian Kueh

Yes, people...I made Ban Jian Kueh already! MUAHAHA!!!

But one thing, I didn't use the lye water so that's the only difference. (Probably better since the lye makes it taste a bit...a bit...er...a bit...sandy??!!?? You know, the weird aftertaste that you have when you take the yellow type of thick noodles that has too much lye in it.)

Anyway, just had the sudden craving for it and since I still have loads of peanuts at home, might as well just use it up as soon as possible. At the same time, Muse was also trying her Japanese cotton cheesecake again. So I had 2 different desserts after my miserable dinner. (Dinner: Plain porridge with braised peanuts)

The cheesecake turned out to be excellent, but my ban jian kueh was just so so, cos I put too much margarine I think...hmm...but it's the closest thing I can get right now. So...if I don't compare then it's ok lar!


Yeah...I do realise that the colour is not that even. Looks more like pancake. Can't blame me, the pan was distored. But come to think of it, it IS a kind of pancake also what... :P


Japanese cotton cheesecake with Japanese roasted tea, and my ban jian kueh in the far background. Hehe...

No comments: